Hello Riverdale Family!
School counselors are certified/licensed educators who improve student success for ALL students by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
School Counselors help ALL students:
- Apply academic achievement strategies
- Manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
- Plan for postsecondary options (higher education, military, work force)
School counselor duties include providing:
- Individual student academic planning and goal setting
- Classroom lessons based on student success standards
- Short-term counseling to students
- Referrals for long-term support
- Collaboration with families/teachers/administrators/community for student success
- Advocacy for students at various student-focused meetings
- Data analysis to identify student needs and challenges
- Acting as a systems change agent to improve equity and access, achievement and opportunities for all students
(source: The American School Counselor Association, “The Role of the School Counselor”, www.schoolcounselor.org)
Clever brings all K-12 application into one secure portal and provide single sign-on for everyone in the district. Use Clever to access content in Kiddom!
Check your grades/attendance regularly through Skyward using your assigned username and password.
If you need assistance with your login information, visit or call our attendance office. If you would like to look at the Skyward home portal quick guide for parents,