- Boys – white shirt, with collar (long or short sleeve), tie, nice dress pants, nice shoes, no white socks
- Girls – dress or skirts, or nice dress pants, shoes (any color). Be careful of high heels.
- Graduation Caps – No writing or decoration will be allowed.
- Gowns – No writing or decoration will be allowed.
- Prohibited Attire: Jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, crocs, flip flops, hey dudes, or any other trendy casual shoe including Jordan's & Nikes.
- If you need help with the dress code, please see your Assistant Principal or English Teacher.
Cap and Gown Orders: Josh Houston Company
We are now using a different company to supply your graduation items this year. The cap and gowns you will be wearing this year will be different so you will not be able to use a sibling’s gown from a previous year. Information cards for ordering were given to all students containing QR codes to direct them straight to the order location on their website. That information can be accessed directly by going to their website: www.JHACompany.com .
All graduates must order a cap and gown through the Josh Houston Company. You will need to order these items by 11/15/23. You can order by visiting their website: www.jhacompany.com and clicking on Riverdale.
Please follow @RHSSeniorInfo24
Contact: Coach Rivas - [email protected]
Graduation Ceremony Requirements
- Meet the academic requirements for graduation
- Meet the attendance policy for RHS
- Students must attend graduation practice.
- Students must order and have an RHS graduation cap and gown.
If a student does NOT meet the Senior Attendance Policy requirements, how does s/he receive her/his diploma?
Students with more than ten (10) unexcused absences from school during their Second Semester Senior year will be able to pick up their diplomas in the counseling office as early as the school day following the graduation ceremony, as long as all other graduation requirements are met.
May I purchase a cap and gown from a company other than Josh Houston?
No. This is the company that Riverdale High School works with for graduation regalia, and a Senior participating in the ceremony MUST purchase their cap and gown from them.
What is the cost of the cap and gown, tassel, diploma, and diploma cover (the basic items REQUIRED for the ceremony)?
The cost of the basic package is around $80.00.
Are there special seating areas for the handicapped and those in wheelchairs?
Murphy Center is ADA-compliant. For those with family members who may need ADA accommodations, there is an entrance on the northwest side of Murphy Center. From the Greenland Drive parking lot, please proceed down the right-hand sidewalk (between the Murphy Center and the tennis courts). Once inside, turn left at the first hallway and travel to the end. On the left-hand wall (around a small corner), there is an elevator that will take you to the seating area. In front of the main seats, there are a number of aluminum platforms for you or your family members. We do ask that you avoid having the entire family sit in these areas, as they are reserved for wheelchairs. Families may choose to sit in front of these areas or behind them on the wooden bleachers.
May parents and family members come on the floor before, during, or after the ceremony to take pictures?
No. Parents should ONLY use the upper-level doors and should NOT enter below with students.
Are there items/behaviors that MTSU does NOT permit in the Murphy Center?
Yes. Balloons, aerosol ("Silly") string, and air horns are NOT permitted in Murphy Center.
Additionally, MTSU is a smoking-free campus. Therefore, there is to be no smoking in or around the building.